The solution is
‘WASTE REFINERY©’ is an industrial and fully mechanized WET separation process
for mixed Municipal Solid Waste, pre-sorted or non-pre-sorted.
It brings the material in an installation of carefully sequenced treatment steps:
- Washing in a DYNAMIC environment,
making use of the moisture content of the waste itself.
- Separating based on density: inert fractions, calorific fractions.
- Drying (if needed) to create a fuel or a raw material for chemical valorization.
From here on, materials find their new way into the economy, as raw materials or as basis for energy generation.
The technological process consists mainly
of a WET separation line.
Wet technology has the following main advantages:
- the end products are clean and therefore have a higher market value and give less leaching.
- the energy need is low: no energy is wasted by evaporation of water or heating of inert materials.
- a maximum amount of metals can be recycled as little oxidation occurs .
- the capacity of the installation can be adjusted as desired.
- the dust problem is under control.
The main criteria for the creation of a performant separation system are:
- Dynamics. The process must bring the shredded MSW in a constant movement in order to get an effective separation based on density of the material.
- Speed. The process must go as fast as possible, to avoid digestion, oxidation and leaching.
- Capacity. The process must be able to perform at any given time.
The final goal
The final goal is to achieve end products in as high an added value as possible. Materials will be sold in the market or be the raw material for new products.
The energetic fraction will be sold as fuel or serve as material for new energetic processes. The calorific fraction can serve for co-combustion in existing power stations (electricity or heating) or as source for the creation of syngas. IPAS is developing strategic partnerships so that everywhere in the world, the most advanced and realistic scenario can be proposed.
The combination of technologies creates the process
The WASTE REFINERY is in fact a compilation of existing technologies from different industrial sectors: mining, raw materials, environmental techniques for soil and water remediation and recycling of materials like metal, glass food, …
Research & Development for future energy
The development for better and future proof valorisation systems is imperative. IPAS invests, together with partners, in this scenario.
Gasification and the creation of hydrogen as an energy carrier and as a renewable raw material for the chemical sector are the new tracks that are currently being developed by IPAS. This has high priority !
For more information, please contact us.